Monday, June 15, 2009

First Boat Ride

Dear Amelia -
We had a great rest of the weekend. Saturday, you and I hung out while Daddy worked. He got home around 2ish. We ran some errands and then came home to finish up cleaning and getting ready for people to come over! There were about 15 of us at our house Saturday night. Molly, Owen, Matt, Awesome Uncle Aldo came up for the night, Kia, Jason, Teegan, Sarah, Justin, Mommy's old from from high school Erin came by, Pon, Omer, BJ and the 3 of us. You stayed up late. Daddy put you to bed while Mommy mingled. You didn't sleep very well. Maybe too loud? You are a trooper.

We woke up Sunday morning. I still wasn't feeling well from Friday so I went to the minute clinic at Target. Virus. Blah. They gave me some meds and I was on my way. Before I left, Alex and I were talking how awesome it would be to go out on the boat. As I was picking up the phone to call Cookie, I saw I had a missed call from him. I called him back and he asked if we wanted to go out on the boat. HECK YEAH WE DO! So, you took a ride in Alex's car over to Glamma and Cookies so Daddy could sleep and I could go to the minute clinic. While at Target, I picked up a new suit for myself and a life jacket for you. I headed home, got ready and Daddy and I met up with you at Glamma and Cookies! We were off for our boat ride...

You were feelin super cute in your swimsuit! I won't lie, I was a little nervous for your first boat ride. I knew everything would be fine, I was just a little scared. 
Once we got on the boat, you were starving! You had 10 ounces!
The boat put you right to sleep...for over 2 hours! Check out the way the lifejacket pushes your cheeks together! So cute! 
Here are you and Glamma on our way back home.
This pictures doesn't do it justice but I had a really bad sunburn. I also have a big spot on my arm where you must have touched me after I put sunscreen. I have a little white hand print in my arm.

You did great on the boat and I'm not longer nervous about taking you out. We are having a babies, Moms and Grandma's day up at the Millers cabin on Friday so I'm going to buy you a more comfortable life jacket!

Daddy called and said you have a temperature this morning. When I went home for lunch, you didn't seem crabby or anything so I'm not too worried about it.

Tonight we are FINALLY closing on our refinance for our house! It feels like our hard work is finally paying off and we are going in the right direction! YEAH! 

Love,
Mom














1 comment:

  1. Hey Courts-

    Sorry we didn't make it on Saturday...our friends from NYC were in town and we ended up staying out a lot later than we thought we would. Sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete