Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pink Eye

Dear Amelia -
We had quite the day yesterday! You hung out with Molly, Matt and Owen all day while Daddy and I worked.


(Owen being funny as usual)


When I went over to Glamma's to pick you up (they watched you over there,) you had a bunch of eye boogers. I didn't really think much about it. More on that later...

Pam & Jackson made a surprise trip home! They stopped over at our house on Thursday night. You and Daddy hung out with them for a bit. Glamma didn't know that they were home yet so I wasn't able to say anything in yesterdays blog. Anyway, Pam dropped Jax off at Glamma's 515 so her and her brother could go out to dinner. We decided we wanted to surprise Glamma with Jacksons presents. We hid you in the white room for a few mins and wrapped Jackson up in your pink blanket. When Glamma got home she came over to say hi to who she thought was you. She goes "That doesn't even look like Amelia" then she got a little closer and goes "Who's baby is that?" then looked at his face and goes "IS THAT JACKSON?!" It was super funny. We hung out over there until 745.


You cried the whole way home. I called Daddy in advanced and asked him to get your bottle ready. You went straight to sleep around 830 but only slept until 145. I fed you and you slept until 645. When you woke up at 645, I noticed your eye was closed shut with eye boogs. I called Glamma and asked if she thought I should take you to the doctor, she said yes. I took you to urgent care where they said you have pink eye. They gave me this stuff to put in your eye for 5 days then it should be all gone. Its pretty gross.


(Nastyyyy! poor baby)

After the doctor, we went over to Gram Gram's house to hang out with her. We got her all set up on facebook and then she took us out to lunch! Now we are back home waiting for Daddy to get home from work. He'll be home for 2 hours then he has to go work at the school.

You are crying so I better go tend to you!

Love,

Mom

1 comment:

  1. Millie,
    I will never forget the day that I brought your mommy back to the Doctor because she was in pain from one of those DIP shots. She was a happy baby most of the time but for that week she was grumpy.
    Mommies leg was swollen and had a pussy (ugh) head right where thay gave her the shot. When the Doc saw it he asked why we didn't bring her in earlier. That was as close as that doctor came to getting knocked out, not by his illegal drugs, but by Mr Stephens. Poor baby! Idiot doctor!
    Your mommy crawled in funny circles after that, dragging a leg. Mr Swartout coined it "green bereting". How fitting!
    She still has a scar, ask her if you can see it!

    ReplyDelete