Monday, February 2, 2009

Children's Hospital

Dear Amelia -
Today is Monday story day. First we have some things to discuss with our readers.

Yesterday's blog was lame, I know. I tried to upload a super cute video of you but it didn't work. We had a busy day too. Mommy made white chili. It was SOOO good! We went over to Glamma and Cookies. You had your 3 month pictures done...

We got home after your bedtime. You went down at about 9 and slept until 6! Woo hoo! 

Ok...on to our Monday story.

9 days after you were born, you started doing these weird things with your eyes. They would dart back and forth and roll into the back of your head. I called Glamma crying to see if she would come over to catch you doing these. She came over and we decided that it was normal. I noticed you were doing them the next morning too. So I called the doctor and they told me to take you to the ER right away. I was scared and cried the whole way there. Tried calling Glamma but she was at work so I called Gram Gram. She met us at the ER. They checked you out for a little bit and decided that you better go to Childrens Hospital in Minneapolis. So, they loaded you up in an ambulance, you in the back and mommy in the front. Daddy had gotten there before we left so he and gram gram followed us there. Glamma met us at the hospital.
 We stayed in the ER there for 4 hours then finally we were transfered up to the room. You were at the hospital for 3 nights, 4 days. Daddy had to work but I stayed with you. We all did enough crying for a lifetime. It was the scariest time of my life. What ended up happening was you were drinking too fast so the formula went down the wrong tube which would make you feel uncomfortable. Poor baby. You had lots of tests done but we were certainly glad with the outcome...it could have been much much worse. You stopped having "episodes" about a week later. Molly came and helped me bring you home. I was so happy to have you home and healthy!

Lets not ever go back there okay?

I did take a couple of pictures while we were there so I could show them to you someday!





4 more days before we leave to see Billy, Pam and Jackson!!!

Love, 
Mom

3 comments:

  1. WE ALL CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Courts,

    Soooo scary! I am so glad that everything turned out the way that it did!

    My Grandma died when I was ten (on my mom's side obviously...) One thing that really struck me when I was reading this was how lucky you are to have Floss! AND how lucky Amelia is to have Alix and Floss!!! Just want to make sure that you are aware of how lucky you are, although I am sure you already know!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia and I were very thankful for both of them that whole week. I would have been a wreck without both of them!

    ReplyDelete