Friday, February 27, 2009

Let it snow!

Dear Amelia -
Boy am I glad you were home yesterday all day so you don't have to be out in all this snow! I would have been a nervous reck driving to Grandma Kiki's to pick you up yesterday. The roads are still slippery this morning. 

Sounds like you had lots of fun with Lydia yesterday. You took lots of naps and had some outfit changes...who can blame her tho, she raised two (excellent) boys so she had fun changing you into different outfits! You are never going to believe what I did yesterday when I got home from work! SHOVELED THE DRIVEWAY! Yes, I did. Daddy walked in the house and said to Mr Stephens "Did you do some shovelin?" I knew he was going to say that, I'm not even sure he really believes me. I should have had someone take a picture of me. Dang it. 

Lydia made a yummy dinner...chicken, potatoes, buns and corn. We ate and then they went back their hotel. We watched American Idol. I can't believe my fav didn't make it. Hopefully he'll make it on the wildcard! 

We put you in your crib at about 815. You cried and cried and I was going to go put your paci in and found you like this...
You worked your way out of your wedge and blanket and somehow pulled your pj's down and had one arm out of the top. It was hilarious. It didn't look like you were very tired so I rocked you for about 30 minutes until you looked like you were about to fall asleep. 

You slept until 330 this morning and I woke you up at 720 to get you ready for the day. Mr Stephens and Lydia came over to watch you for a few hours so Molly, Owen and Baby Carlson (YUP! There's another on the way in September!) could take their time getting up here. They should be getting there right about now. 

I think you three are going to go to Ridgedale today so Owen can play. I'm pretty sure you are going to meet up with Molly and Mommy's 2 friends Hammill and Kathy. 

Tonight we are just going to hang out! Woo hoo!

GO ROYALS! The Hopkins Girls Hockey Team is playing in the state tournament and is ranked #2. If they win today they play in the championship game tomorrow. If that happens, the Dirks' fam is going to go to the game! 

Love,
Mom

1 comment: