Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers Day Weekend!

Dear Amelia -
Have you gotten use to no blogs on the weekend yet? Oh good, I'm glad you have because I've decided I'm only going to do the blog on work days. Its so much easier to write them while at work!

Friday - Molly, Matt and Owen dropped you off after I got home from work because they were at Molly's dad's anyways so it was nice and easy. We just hung out Friday. You laughed lots at Norman. I took a really cute video of you laughing at him but I left the camera at home today so I can't post it. I'll post it later. You took a bath then it was time for bed. 

Saturday - Daddy worked so you and I just hung out all day. We cleaned up the house, watched tv, took some naps...
Once Daddy got home, I started to make some food for the Mothers Day Brunch. I made the yummiest egg bake. It had croutons AND hash browns in it. I only had a little taste since I'm on a diet...I mean lifestyle change :) I also made some pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Also only had a bite. I finished just in time to feed you, read you a book and put you down for bed. 

Sunday - MOTHERS DAY! Our first Mothers Day together. You woke up and gave me my wonderful Mothers Day present...


It says "amelia   10.30.08" I love it! After the present opening, it was time for a bath. You were diggin the bath...this is my new favorite picture of you!

Just a few months ago, you hated baths...


Everyone started arriving at our house around 10am. The guests included: Grandma Kiki, Glamma, Cookie, Sherry, Gram Gram, Anner, Paul, Grace, Wilson, Molly, Owen, Matt, Amy, Meghan, Katie, Shannon and Ben

We had a great time! We gave the Grandma's their presents. I'm so excited about them. I can't wait until they get here (not until the end of the month.)

After everyone left...we did nothing. Just sat around, the 3 of us. What a great day!

Monday - Daddy took you and Norman for a walk yesterday, talked to some neighbors, went to Sam's club and hung out in the porch. That's where I found you two when I got home from work. You've been a little stinker lately about naps. Usually, if the blanket is over your face you'll fall right to sleep but not these last few days. You haven't been wanting to take a nap. So the only thing that seems to be working is putting you in your swing. We did that last night after you had your 530 snack. You slept for about an hour. Then it was time for carrots, formula and bed time.

Tuesday - You slept until 730 this morning! Even through me winning STAR PARTY tickets at 7am! I was running around the house after I won so I was surprised you slept thru it! I can't wait to see KELLY CLARKSON on Thursday night!! YIPPIE! Daddy has a dentist appt at 1 today so he is going to drop you off at Kiki's work for about an hour. I hope you have fun!

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! My favorite picture made another appearance on the blog! That screaming bath picture is too funny...but happy to see that she doesn't hate it anymore!

    ReplyDelete