Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo!

Dear Amelia -
Today is Cinco de Mayo. I'm not really sure what that means but something about Mexico. Fun. Yesterday someone on facebook wrote "Happy Star Wars Day...May the 4th be with you." I thought that was sooo funny. Do you think its as funny as I do?

Yesterday you and Daddy hung out all day. When I got home from work, I picked you up and we went to the General Store for some gifts. Shhh, we can't tell yet. Then we went back home and Daddy had left with Kiki to go run an errand. They were suppose to be gone for awhile but ended up only being gone for about an hour. After they got home, we sat in the porch for awhile. 

I know this picture is blurry but you love when Daddy tosses you up in the air.

We were out there for awhile, you even took a short nap while I held you. We had to wake you up because it was time to eat. You were not in the mood for your oatmeal. We just gave you your bottle. Then it was time to get ready for bed. Lydia sent us a nice poem yesterday.

You may have tangible wealth untold;
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be --
I had a mother who read to me.

She sent this because she noticed that I read to you before bed time when we were in Milwaukee. Isn't that nice? Thanks Lydia.

You must have been a tired girl because you fell asleep immediately after we left your room. 

Today you and Daddy went to the dump. I bet that was an enjoyable. 

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment