Monday, January 19, 2009

Amelia Alixandra Dirks

Dear Amelia -
Yesterday was a boring day...daddy worked from 10am to 10pm at his part time job so it was just me and you. 

So, since I don't have much to report from yesterday, I thought I'd tell you about your name.

Amelia~
Meaning: Work; effort; strain

I went to high school with a girl named Amelia, she went by Mimi tho. I've loved that name ever since. One thing I don't love is when people say "Amelia Bedelia" or "Amelia Earhart". Not funny or original people.
I think your name is so lady like and it is so classic. Fits you just perfect!

Alixandra~
Meaning: Defending Men

Your middle name is after Glamma. It goes so pretty with your first name. Glamma is so proud that is middle name was Alixandra. When you were in my belly and people would ask what your name was going to be and I would say "Amelia" then Glamma would chime in and say "What's her middle name?" 

Dirks~
Meaning: Dagger

If you were a boy, your name would have been Dylan August. Maybe you will have a brother with that name some day. 

I hope you've enjoyed learning a bit about your name!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment