Monday, August 10, 2009

First day of Daycare

Dear Amelia -
As mentioned in Friday's blog, Friday was your first day of daycare! Although it was hard dropping you off, it was so fun to pick you up! You were all smiles when you saw me. I called in the middle of the day and they said you were doing well but you didn't go down for your first nap and had to be held in order to take a nap. You only took about 1 1/2 hour nap all day. There is a little girl named Olivia there that is only 10 days older than you so you two will be able to pal around together. 

After picking you up, we went over to Glamma and Cookies to take a picture of the new waterfall in their back yard! Its beautiful and dedicated to your Great Grandpa Bob. Some of the rocks in the waterfall were taken from Lake Superior by MY Great Grandpa (Gram Gram's dad) in the 70's (thats before Mommy and Daddy were even born!) and used as the fireplace at the cabin that once belonged to Gram Gram and Great Grandpa Bob. 
Its pretty special and beautiful! It looks even prettier in person!

You and I went home shortly after that. Since Daddy was out of town, you and I just hung out the rest of the night. I put you to bed at your normal time. Around midnight, I woke up thinking someone broke into the house. I sprinted (that's like a slow walk for others) into your room and went back to my room with you where you and I slept the rest of the night together in bed. I was scared. Norman made sure we were safe! Ended up no one broke in of course!

Saturday - We went to Old Navy for a short shopping trip. Mommy's clothes are getting too big so I got myself 2 new shirts and you one new pair of pants. After Old Navy, we went home to wait for Ashley to come over for a visit. Ashley and I talked about Pam's bachelorette party. All the details are covered, now we just need to wait for the big weekend! YIPPIE! After Ashley left, we were bored. We ran to Target to buy stuff we needed and stuff we didn't need. 

Saturday night there were some bad storms after I put you to bed. SCARRRY! I set up the pack n play in my room and you slept in there for the rest of the night. Hopkins didn't even end up getting any rain, everywhere around us did tho.

Sunday - FINALLY Daddy was home from his guys weekend. He had a great time! Once he got home, I went to go get a massage! It was awesome! 

Daddy just called and said you guys are headed to the beach with Kiki, Ana, Papa Jim and Aubrey! Hope you have fun and have lots of sunscreen on!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment