Monday, January 31, 2011

12/27/2010

Dear Amelia -
I debated blogging about this but now that some time has passed, I feel its okay. It may be important one day for you to know this.
On December 27th, 2010 @ 5pm, I took a pregnancy test. It was positive. Yay. We were VERY excited. We wanted our kids about 3 years apart. Our due date was 9/9 (Owen's birthday.)

A week later, I started spotting and had cramping. As any freshly pregnant mother would do, I googled it. Everything I read said it was normal to spot lightly. I was worried and even took a pregnancy test sometime during the week. Still positive.

On January 7th, 2011 while at work, I miscarried. I called the doctor right away and left work to pick you up. I didn't know what to do from there so I called Sarah. Sarah offered to watch you while I went to the doctor. The doctor took FOREVER to call me back. Daddy was at work so I just stayed at Sarah's while she played with you.

The doctor finally called me back and suggested I go to the Emergency Room. Daddy picked me up and we headed over. They did blood work and an ultrasound.

I was only 5 weeks along but normal pregnancy hormone levels at 5 weeks is close to 1000, mine was at 16. This confirmed to the doctor that our fear was true.

Time has healed me for the most part. You will have a sibling at some point, we will see when. No hurry.

Anytime you would see me sad, you would give me hugs and kisses and say "all better?" It helped :)

Love,
Mom

1 comment: