Friday, February 10, 2012

Update on the Little Man

Dear Amelia -
As of yesterday, I'm 33 weeks. 33 weeks of growing your little baby brother in my tummy. You think you have a baby in your tummy too, except yours is a sister.

I had my normal doctors appointment on Wednesday. I was scheduled to see my RN and then go get an ultrasound (they call it a BPP ultrasound.) He was tested on 8 things and had 30 minutes to complete. He scored 8/8 within 10 minutes!! Yay! During the ultrasound, the Tech said "How tall is your husband?" When I told him Daddy's height, he said "I can tell, this is a LONG baby!" His guess was that he weighs close to 5lbs right now.
After the Ultrasound, the doctor had asked me to check back in because my Blood Pressure had been high at my appointment, when they checked me again..it was still high. Ugh. It was high with you too so I knew the drill. Next came a Non Stress Test (NST) and then blood work. The NST came back great and so did my blood work. I've gained 8 pounds so she was happy with that (I gained 9 with you...hope to stay around that.)

I've been monitoring my BP at home and its still high so today I start some blood pressure meds. I was put on the meds around the same time with you and look at how cute you turned out :) They suggested I come in weekly for an OB appointment, NST and a BPP until the babe comes! She also mention they will probably induce me when baby is healthy enough, I won't be going to 40 weeks.

Other than that, his (we have a name picked out for him...can you read it on his blankie?) is all painted and his crib is put together. Just need to do some final touches!

 We went to Babies R Us this week and bought a TON of diapers, wipes, clothes and paci's. I wonder if he'll be a sports fan like his Daddy and the rest of the men in his life?
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment