Saturday, March 24, 2012

Almost time to push......

Dear Amelia….


Well she is dilated to 10, but has a little lip on her cervix, just like she did when you were ready to come into the world. So they are going to let her “ripen” a little bit longer and then she can push. Yay! Your Mommy is doing such a good job and your Daddy is really helping your Mommy.

I just ran into your Papa Jim down in the lobby, awaiting your brother’s arrival….your Mommy sent me down there to get her a diet coke and some potato chips…to indulge in after your brother arrives of course. He is so sentimental…and shared with me a story about something he has always said to your Daddy since he was little….”You’re a good man, my boy” which of course made me get all teary-eyed. How wonderful that there is going to be another Dirks man in this world soon, that your Daddy can tell the same thing too.

You’re Mommy and Daddy, have great big hearts and they are just waiting for your little brother to arrive to fill them up even more. How blessed am I to be able to see my third grandchild enter this world. As your Great Grandma Floss says,” I am one lucky old broad.”

You are having a wonderful day with your Grandma Kiki...and I know she is anxious to bring you to the hospital to meet the little guy.

The next blog….will be when your brother arrives. Unless of course your Mommy does something funny.

Love,

Glamma

No comments:

Post a Comment