Thursday, January 5, 2012

Norman Dirks

Dear Amelia -
Sometimes I forget how special our little Norman is. Daddy and I picked him out months after we got married as he was a gift from the Millers (still our favorite gift!) He was born October 6th, 2005. Before you were born, he was like a child to us. When I was pregnant with you, I cried all the time thinking about how his feelings were going to be hurt once you arrived. I quickly forgot about that since you were (are) so precious. 
Nerm (our nickname for him) up at the cabin a few years ago
 He is everyone's favorite dog. Uncle Aldo and Uncle Billy would have a fist fight to keep him. They would have to share custody.

Anyway, A few years ago...Norman started growing a big growth on his side. He lost some weight (go Nerm!) and the bump kept getting bigger and bigger. Last year when he went to the vet, we had a test done to make sure it wasn't cancerous. It wasn't, PHEW!

Uncle Aldo sent this picture to his step dad - Jim who is a vet to see if he could remove it. GENIUS IDEA!! The plan happened today. Aldo took Norman down to Spring Valley (birth place of the Stapler) to have the growth removed.
 He did really well (per Jim and Alex) and is currently resting at the vet office. He is going come home on Saturday.
Aldo sent this picture and when I showed it to you, you said "That's my Morman!" He sure is :)
You and I are heading to Milwaukee on Saturday so we will see him on Sunday when we get back!!

WE LOVE NORMAN!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment