Monday, May 2, 2011

Another big day in History

Dear Amelia -
I woke up this morning to the news that Osama Bin Laden is dead. I've never wished anyone dead but this guy deserved it. He was the "mastermind" behind 9/11. After hearing the news, it took me back to 9/11/2001.

Mommy:
I was asleep when the attack happened. Molly and I were living together in Excelsior at the time. She called and told me to turn on the TV. I did but couldn't believe my eyes. The rest of the day, I stayed glued to the TV until I had to go to work at the hotel. It was devastating.

I asked Daddy to reflect, even though I know he didn't want to...he did anyway:
I was at Hennepin Tech in Brooklyn Park in the cafeteria during a break from class eating a muffin and watching one of the tvs in the cafeteria.  When I started watching the first plane had already hit and the people on CNN didn't know that it was on purpose yet.  I was watching when the second plane flew into the second tower.  I was just in shock, I couldn't believe what was happening and why.  I just remember shock.

Luckily we have people like Uncle Billy and Blaker to defend our country against the bad guys. Today is a good day (and everyday) to be an American!

The reason I'm reflecting is so one day, you know our thoughts on big events in History.

There is the classic Grade story (#52) of when President Kennedy was shot. Anner thought he cousin Kenny was shot. We practically hear that story everytime the family is together.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment